Lots of employers believe that it costs way too much money to build employee engagement and they can’t afford it. At Engaged HR, we don’t believe this and in fact, when reviewing our 101 strategies for employee engagement, we found plenty of options for creating engagement in the workplace and it won’t cost you a dime!
Here are our Top 5 Favourites:
- Provide regular feedback on performance; employees want to know how they are doing.
- Ask for input. Employees are more likely to support a decision when they have a say.
- Communicate, communicate and communicate some more. Knowledge is power and employees want to be in the know.
- Make the simple things simple. Remove barriers to getting easy tasks done quickly, leaving room for the more challenging and interesting work.
- Hire for fit. It is easier to hire the right person when you have articulated your organizational core values.
The best part is, you didn’t have to pull out your cheque book for any of these and they will make a big difference in employee morale, sense of loyalty and engagement.
These suggestions are just the beginning! If you want more engagement strategies that are no-cost to low-cost, download our free report: Engage Your Employees: 101 Strategies that Motivate for Peak Performance.
Your Engaged HR Assignment
Download this free report and pick just one thing to do each week and you have 2 years worth of ideas! They are easy to do and can move the dial for you towards creating an engaged workplace.